Monday, July 13, 2009

The Pink Door


Ideas can be life-changing.
Sometimes all you need to open the door is just one more good idea.

Last year at the church auction, I purchased a case, yes case, of pink spray paint. Sweet Pea to be exact. Michael wanted to know what I was going to do with it. Never fear!

So....This morning, I decided to start using it. I needed a backdrop for some pictures and was trying to figure out what to use. I went out to the barn and rummage through the top floor and found an old door from our house. It was painted green and white from years gone by. I asked Michael to haul it downstairs for me and I was off.


Within an hour or so, I had it washed, painted and polka dotted with a pink that I mixed with a pearl paint to give it my Pink Pearl flair. I shabbied it all up and added a pretty glass door knob I bought at the Greencastle Antique Market and walla! All ready to show.





No comments:

Post a Comment