Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Apron Appeal~Rockin' Ready to Cook

{Me hanging my wash...or not.}

I never thought much about aprons before. I've always seen them as dull, dark, fruit print covered. Navy, hunter, burgundy or worse~brown. Nothing says yummy like a big dirt ball blowing up in front of you and sticking all over your clothes~blah! Unless paired with another bright color, brown should be reserved for the dirt on the ground you walk on...not clothing! Anyways, I discovered a whole new realm of aprons.
A couple of years ago, as I was skimming through magazines it came to light that aprons (in my mind) have been given a bad rap. Now, I love to see a bright, cherry kitchen with splashes of color from an apron, old or new, hung somewhere in plain sight. Not only are they a fashion accessory, but they also represent to me home and mom. More specifically, a mother's love. Hence the saying, tied to a mother's apron string. Now that I have two boys of my own, I don't see this as necessarily a bad thing. Of course, they are only 1 and 5!
The snow is coming down as we speak, so to brighten up the afternoon, here are some textile fancies!







2 comments:

  1. Great minds think alike, I just posted about aprons!
    I never really used them until a couple of years ago, even now, I usually remember to put one on just when Im about to serve up dinner!
    Those ones are so cute!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. I have also discovered the need for them. I have way to many ruined shirts from splatters!

    ReplyDelete