Sunday, February 28, 2010

My Month According To Doris Day





My Month According to Doris Day








“Move Over Darling,” here’s a little “Pillow Talk” for this cold morning...(Brrr... “Baby It’s Cold Outside”)



Maybe “Someone Like You” knows what I’m talking about so let’s take a “Sentimental Journey” and I will share some things that are on my “Young and Foolish Heart” over the past month. I know that “Everybody Loves a Lover,” but this I am not right now. I am having a cruddy month. Fortunately, this only happens “Once In Awhile”.

First, I have PMS big time. After having 3 children it’s gone from 0-100. You’d think I was Satan’s Spawn instead of a Child of God. Seriously. I am an emotional wreck. During my niece and nephews birthday party last night at Chuck-E-Cheese, my big brother who is on leave from Iraq, made me cry in front of everyone from an ill-timed and off the cuff statement. Seriously.




Secondly, my husband works at an architectural firm and due to this economy, everyone has received a hefty pay-cut/benefit cut which will take effect in April. This is a big Seriously. “A Guy is a Guy” and my guy will take care of me because he always has and I know he always will. This is why I am “Bewitched” with him. However, I know “It Takes Time” for the economy to pick up and soon enough we will be dining at our favorite Mexican restaurant eating and enjoying “Tacos, Enchiladas and Beans.”



Lastly, I feel like I have no direction with my work. There are a million roads to choose from and I have no idea which one to take.  Do I push this or that avenue and how will it effect my family?  I’m frustrated and tired with my lack of focus. It’s like I’m roaming and just “Singing in the Rain” and “Forever Blowing Bubbles” randomly. So to sum it up, I know this will pass and I just need to “Powder My Face With Sunshine,” take my problems and “Put’em in a Box, Tie It With A Ribbon” and ship them off to God and loudly sing... “Que Sera Sera~Whatever will be will be.”


I love you all “A Bushel and a Peck” and appreciate you stopping by to hear me vent for a moment. “You are my sunshine” and “Why don’t we do this more often?”

Have a Happy "Doris" Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment