Thursday, September 30, 2010

Preparing for Winter and Halloween Eye Candy

 



Every year I dread winter because with winter, comes the cold.  As I've said, we have 40 windows that might as well be open because of the amount of cold air that comes rushing thorough them.  After years of spending around 5K on oil, we decided to purchase an outdoor furnace.  Last year was the first winter using it and I wish we had invested in one a long time ago!  With the warm house comes a lot of preparing...for my husband that is.  Fortunately, we had a lot of offers to cut down free trees both on my mother's property and others. 

Michael has tried to take our oldest son with him as much as it is safe to do.  I love seeing them get ready to head out for a hard days work.  Garnet, 6, loves it!  He helps to carry the little logs and when they split, he gets to pull the handle down while daddy holds the log.  My husband has the patience of Job!  I love to see them working side by side for many reasons.  Even at 6, these are some of the benefits I could think of off the top of my head:

1.  Memories.
2.  Sense of accomplishment.
3.  Instilling a work ethic.
4.  Providing for the family.
5.  Exercise.
6.  Building teamwork.

 

With the cooler weather headed this way, so is Halloween. I thought I'd share a few new things I just added to my Etsy store, Pink Pearl Studio




 






Enjoy your day and thank you for all the kind feedback.  I appreciate you all!









8 comments:

  1. Your banners look great!
    Charity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! Love the banners...super cute! I purchased my mirror paint at the hardware store....spray a little bit of water into whatever you are going to spray with the mirror paint for the molted look. Spray the inside of whatever you want to have the mirrored look...I LOVE IT! You can spray glass to get the mirrored look too....spray with water first for a super aged and spooky mirror.

    xoxo,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet he gets to help Daddy! He's lucky, not all Daddy's have that kind of patience. Or Mommies for that matter!
    Great banner too! Happy Fall to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rebecca, thanks for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower, I'm your newest follower as well!
    I have to tell you, that banner is AWESOME! I love everything vintage and this really grabbed my attention. I'm going to make a banner next week for my Great Nephew's Birthday party and I hope mine turns out half as cute as yours! I can't wait to explore your blog some more. Have a great week, Nan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally understand where you're coming from on dreading the winter-it just seems so long. We live in an old farmhouse and until 2 years ago-it never seemed warm enough. Cold air would come in thru the seal around the door(I won't let my husband replace the old one) and it just felt cold everywhere. We finally decided to redo our parlor and added a soapstone wood stove. It has changed everything. I feel warmer and I lay in front of the fire and really relax and read. Makes the winter pass better(along with blogging of course)! Love your banner with the vintage images-I'll be checking out etsy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your banner! The vintage images are fabulous. Would you like to have it featured in the Examiner?

    Please email me, you're my WINNER for my Halloween goody give away! Thank you for visiting my blog!!

    ReplyDelete