Saturday, December 26, 2009

A few of my favorite things....

I'm so sad to say, that it has been awhile since I last wrote. This fall and winter has been VERY busy. The new year brings hope for a more consistant me! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and holiday season. I sure did! Every year my husband takes the kids to the Dollar Store and has them walk around and try to pick on their own what special things mommy would like. It's fun to see how their little minds work and I was ticked to see all the gifts they came up with. My husband did well too! I love that he puts so much thought into what I might like. Here are only a few treasures I received and I wanted to share them with you.





First is a book I've wanted forever and a day~Blogging for Bliss by Tara Frey. I thought about buying it, but no...I held out for my darling dear to give it to me all wrapped up! It's about connecting, learning, and inspiring others through your own online journal. It includes beautiful screen shots from some of the best online crafty, creative blogs out there. We are heading to the beach and I can't wait to read it thoroughly there! Even if it says nothing, the pictures are worth the price of the book. So pretty, girlie and informative!

Secondly...


From an adorable little shop called Gypsie on the square of downtown Chambersburg, PA comes my favorite bar of soap. Pre de Provence French Soaps. It isn't the best smell in the world, but it lathers well and makes your skin feel like silk! It is a 72% Olive Oil Marseille-style milled soap. Great for babies, in the kitchen, laundry, shaving and bath. Asked how Sopia Loren keeps her beautiful skin young looking, "A love of life, spaghetti, and the odd bath in olive oil."

Thirdly...


This is one of those special gifts that I will cherish forever given to me by my husband. This piece of art was painted by a Waynesboro, PA artist named Linda Pedersen of LinLeigh Studio. It's called Two American Beauties. She did a wonderful job framing it and I can not wait to hang it up! We are renovating our downstairs bath into a vintage beach theme and this will work perfectly! If you are interested in stopping by her beautifully renovated studio that is nestled in the hills of Five Forks, her hours are by appointment only and her number is 717-762-0656. I will note that she does esquisite portraits for a very reasonable price.

Last but not least~from my sister...



A Lilly Pulitzer Aquamarine In the Slim Tote and Cosmetic Case. These bags feature original Lilly prints from the day~1959. Made from canvas and very durable and with classic tags. Yours can be purchased from lillypulitzer.com. Now I can not wait until summer to use it! Thanks Charity!

2 comments:

  1. Becky those are awesome the bags are so Fabulous! But I LOVE LOVE LOVE the gift from Michael. A Chris Craft boat picture from a WBO artist!!!! I want one too! Well for my DH. Or maybe a family picture or expanding family picture ;)you said she does paintings? I will call. Either way awesome and thank you. So glad you had a wonderful holiday best of luck to you all in the New Year! Have fun in Lewes, can't wait to see the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen~You win the prize! You are right on with the boat! I thought it was a georgous picture as soon as I saw it. It is actually of her daughter Becky and she has a couple of other pictures that have the boat in them. Have a great New Year Karen!

    ReplyDelete