Tuesday, June 30, 2009

High Ho, High Ho, It's Off to Junk I Go!



Unfortunately, like most crafters, I like junk. I can always use junk to make something new. I especially love looking at vintage junk. I get very excited over looking at retro crafts like Christmas villages made from postcards, tin trees made from soda cans and anything encrusted with macaroni, shells or my favorite...the herpes of craft supplies....GLITTER! These all put the tacky in crafty. Where do I look to find treasures to recycle? Above, I made up this handy chart to help you in finding fine treasures to add to your trove of junk.

A New Spin on Shell Encrusting




Another place to find junk is from relatives. Everyone has a Great Aunt Crazy Craft. You know, the one with bins of foam balls and boxes of buttons, glitter-encrusted pinecone elf, books on how to make paper beads and pantyhose poodles. She is a great resource for junk you need.


The Pinecone Elf









2 comments:

  1. oh good golly that pyramid sums it up perfectly. My fav is the Estate sales. Never been to an Auction yet.

    Sweet blog~
    Chelsea Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I've never been to an estate sale. I'm not sure if I'd trust myself! My favorite find at flea markets are old clip on earrings. Not sure why, but maybe because they are just downright pretty! There are a million things you can do with them.

    ReplyDelete