Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My Heart and its Kitchen of Delight

{Pretty cupcake picks I picked up at Hobby Lobby}

St. Valentine's Day
Ahh...The time of year where you transform your heart into a kitchen of delight! It's a time to use your imagination from the heart and, while holding true to old traditions, start a few new ones. There is nothing as sweet as homemade and vintage valentine cards, fancy pastries, chocolate hearts, candies and lollipops shaped as hearts with white confection trim that melts on your tongue. Vintage lace and millinery, white, delicate paper doilies...Need I say more?

When I was a little girl, every year my dad brought me home a box of chocolate that was shaped with the big chocolate letters "I (heart) U". This meant a lot because I could count on one hand how many times my father said it. Now that I have children, I'm always finding ways to mix things up for Valentine's Day. I rarely buy anything, except crafting supplies, because like I said...it's the holiday to use the kitchen in my heart to create beautiful memories so that they are always reminded how much I love them. It truly is the holiday that comes straight from the heart.

1 comment:

  1. Those are so cute! I wish I had a Hobby Lobby close to me. Hope you're having a great day!

    ReplyDelete