Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Tutorial~How to make a Candy/Dessert Stand


I love pretty candy and dessert stands.  However, I do not like the pretty price of them!  I was trying to figure out a way to make one and came up with the little one as a first try and then the bigger one.  This is a super easy way to add a little shabby glam to your table.

First, gather your supplies. 



If making a small one, porcelain dessert plate and small candle holder of some sort.  My little glass holder is from the Dollar Store and I know they sell them at Michaels.  If making the large one, a luncheon/dinner plate and chunky candle holder.  I  bought the bigger candle holder on sale at Hobby Lobby in the clearance section.  I believe it was around $3.  It was dark and ugly!  You will also need a tube of glass glue found at any craft store in the glue section.  

Secondly, paint your candle stick if needed.  Mine just got a thin coat of white spray paint.



Lay the plate upside down, apply glue to the top of the candle stick and glue onto the underside of plate.  Let it set there to dry.



That's all!  Really!  I've had my small one for several years now and it always adds a little charm to the table.




The glass bell on top was from Michaels and I used a 40% off coupon and only paid several dollars for it.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

Happy Crafting

xo~
Rebecca


5 comments:

  1. brilliant, simple yet gorgeous! thanks for the idea and the pretty inspiration!!!


    ciao bella
    carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! What a fabulous idea :-)
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.....you're just the cleverest thing!! I love the idea even though it's way down on my L-0-N-G "to do" list --- it's tucked away in the 'ole noggin filed w/ "ideas!!!"
    Love Ya,
    Kim Zim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tutorial! Thanks for that and for coming to visit! I've signed as a follower too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out really beautiful! I've made the cake stands but never thought to put the domes on, duh! Love the candle stick holder you found too!

    ReplyDelete