Monday, March 1, 2010

Sweet Monday and A Little Whoopie

I hope everyone has a Sweet Monday!

I'm looking forward to this very busy week.  My little man turns 6, so that is an event in itself.  Then volunteering at his school, church on Wed. and test runs for his Pinewood Derby for AWANA's, going back to Iraq dinner for my brother on Sat. and hopefully getting into the groove running this week.  Have a great week all!



Here's a little treat from me to you...  I love a good Whoopie Pie.  Especially when the cream is pink and blue!  Being from Southcentral, PA, I know that a lot of people haven't heard of this wonderful little treat.  They are part of our Pennsylvania Dutch hertiage here.  According to food historians, Amish women would bake these (known as hucklebucks at the time) and put them in farmers' lunchboxes. When farmers would find these treats in their lunch, they would shout "Whoopie!"

7 comments:

  1. whoopie...at first I thought you meant something else! lol

    come by for a chance to win one of my handmade doilies!!!!

    ciao bella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great grab line, eh? Thanks and I will be by to check out those doilies!

    ~Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Rebecca I am so excited to have you as my partner, My goodness do our tastes cross perfectly!! I'll email you tonight! Lori P.S Don't miss my posted give away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rebecca!
    I have awarded you the "ONE SWEETALICOUS BLOG AWARD" please come by my blog for the details :)
    http://samplervillage.blogspot.com/2010/03/one-sweetalicious-blog-award.html
    Have a sweet day!
    ~Traci

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much everyone! I really do love these things!

    ~Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those "gobs" :-) look so good! Any of them left? I'll be right there. Give the kids a big hug for me(Garnet gets 2 since he's the birthday boy) :-)
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete